As a family law lawyer, I am not always able to spend the time discussing with my clients all the things that I wish I could. Some of those things are:
- Planning your life during and post-divorce:
- Identifying current goals: (in areas of mental health, physical health, financial stability, social connections)
- Identifying interests and turning them into goals
- Day-to-day goals; short-term goals; long-term goals
- Gathering an ‘entourage’ to help you through the journey. An entourage may include:
- Financial advisor/Investment advisor
- Coach (life/divorce/parenting/fitness/career)
- Real estate professional
- Friends and supportive family
- Dating advisor
- Beauty advisor / Image Consultant
- Finding ways to realize your goals, and stay sane. Some of those ways may be:
- Developing a positive internal voice
- Figuring out the kind of boundaries you need then setting them
- Learning to meditate
- Managing sleep and rest
- Gathering the courage to initiate connections
With my lawyer hat on, I don’t have the luxury to discuss the above things that may be just as important as your legal entitlements. That is why I decided to start a discrete coaching service.
As an experienced family law lawyer who is always mindful of relationships and mental / emotional well-being of my clients, I have a lot to offer as a coach.
I also went through my own divorce after a long-term marriage (that ended in infidelity) and survived the emotional turbulence of those years. While I was riding the emotional roller coaster, I tried to find a divorce coach but wasn’t able to find someone who can offer the kind of advice and support I (now) can. I made do with a life coach and a therapist who were amazing at the time, but in retrospect I now know for certain – that a divorce brings its own unique level of pain, loneliness and a sense of lack of control. I am a coach that knows how to target those areas and can help you in ways that you can’t possibly imagine yet.
For a consultation: please email me with subject line: Divorce Coach